Having a pool at home is a good thing, especially if you find swimming relaxing. Nonetheless, it can also be a source of a headache, basically because keeping the water clean and the pool looking beautiful is a challenge. To begin with, there can be contaminants in the water that can be sources of health problems when not appropriately dealt with.
To prevent water contamination and to make your life a whole lot easier, you will benefit from investing in the best robotic pool cleaner! The latter has automated cleaning capabilities, working as if it has a mind of its own. It is smart enough to be left behind and you can expect that it will deliver a superior cleaning performance.
Clueless about the robotic pool cleaner that can provide the best bang for the buck? Keep on reading and allow us to give you insights on some of the top products worth considering.
Table of Contents
- What are the Benefits of Robotic Pool Cleaners?
- Top 5 Best Robotic Pool Cleaner 2021
- #1 (Editor’s Choice) Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
- #2 (Best Inground Pool Cleaner) Dolphin 2021 Premier Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- #3 (Best Inground Pool Cleaner) Zodiac Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
- #4 (Best Above Ground Pool Cleaner) Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Robotic Pool Cleaner
- #5 (Best Solar-Powered Pool Robot Vacuum) Solar Breeze NX2 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Choosing the Best Pool Robot Cleaner
- How Does a Robotic Pool Cleaner Work?
- Wrap Up
What are the Benefits of Robotic Pool Cleaners?
For sure, a lot of you have doubts about investing in a robotic cleaner for the swimming pool. After all, many of the models are quite expensive, with the high-end options having a price tag of more than a thousand dollars. If you need reasons to be convinced that it can deliver great value for money, here are some of its most notable benefits:
- A Convenient Way to Clean: Among others, one of its benefits is that it allows you to clean quickly and easily. There is no need to do things manually. Once the cleaner has been turned on, you can leave it and it will work on its own.
- Keep the Pool Free of Contaminants: Similar to using other pool cleaners, it will also be beneficial in the sense that it gets rid of the dirt, debris, and contaminants that can make the pool unsafe and unattractive.
- Save Energy: Most of the options for a robotic pool cleaner are known for their energy-efficiency. You do not need to spend too much time in cleaning, which translates to using less electricity.
- Save Money: Aside from cutting energy costs, you can also save money because there is no need to hire the services of a professional pool cleaner. While the initial investment can be steep, the long-term savings will be significant.
- Low Maintenance: As long as you choose the right product, you can be confident that it will deliver excellent performance without the need to exert a lot of effort when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.
Top 5 Best Robotic Pool Cleaner 2021
#1 (Editor’s Choice) Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
Made by a company backed with decades of experience in the business, this is our favorite of the products that are mentioned in this post. It has a wealth of innovative features and one of the best is the Clever Clean technology. The latter allows it to have a smart navigation to completely clean the pool, making sure that no area will be missed.
It is also a good thing that it comes with dual scrubbing brushes. No traces of dirt will be left behind. It improves friction when cleaning to get rid even of the toughest dirt.
The swivel mechanism is also worth mentioning. It has the patented Dolphin Swivel technology, which will prevent the cord from tangling while also providing complete cleaning coverage.
When using this robotic pool cleaner, you will also be happy with the large top load filter capacity, which is one of the reasons why it is user-friendly. All that you have to do is to rinse and reload the filter, making it economical in the long run. There are two cartridges that are capable of trapping more dirt and impurities. The unit itself is also effortless to use as it has a one-touch operation.
This pool cleaner comes with a worry-free two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
#2 (Best Inground Pool Cleaner) Dolphin 2021 Premier Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
Made by the same manufacturer as the product that has been mentioned above, this is a good choice if you have an inground pool. It is made specifically for shallow pools.
Among others, this is exceptional because of its compatibility with four media types, making it a versatile cleaning companion. Regardless of what you intend to remove from the pool, there is a media type that will work best for your needs.
It also has the 360-degree anti-swivel technology, which is a patented innovation. You can be confident that the cables will not end up in tangles, improving the efficiency of this robotic cleaner.
The cleaner also comes with a SmartNav Pool Surface Scanning, allowing it to deliver an intelligent cleaning performance. It has the ability to automatically detect where it should go and the pattern at which it should clean, providing an assurance that no part of the pool will be left behind.
Lastly, the unit comes with a 3,000 RPM motor, which is basically the one that is responsible for its power. It also runs only on 180 watts, making it energy-efficient. In fact, according to the manufacturer, the average cost of operation is only $.5 per hour.
#3 (Best Inground Pool Cleaner) Zodiac Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Inground Pool Cleaner
With the use of this four-wheel drive robotic pool cleaner, you do not have to struggle in keeping the water and the floor clean. It is equipped with the innovative Aqua-Trax tires, which will perform impressively on different surfaces.
Similar to most of the options that are recommended in this post, it has an abundance of tech-advanced features. For instance, with the ActivMotion Sensor Technology, it offers an unmatched navigation, even for large pools. It is also fitted with a 70-foot cord, which increases its reach. To add, it has the Vortex Vacuum Technology, which will help to get rid even of large debris on the surface. Meanwhile, with the rear water propulsion system, it can effortlessly clean even tight corners.
You do not need to exert too much effort in using this robotic cleaner. One of the reasons for this is the 7-day programmable timer, which is good for your convenience. It also comes with a remote that will allow you to easily control the cleaner. This makes it easy to point the unit to where exactly you want it to be cleaning. There is also an easy lift system, allowing the water to immediately get out of the pool cleaner once it is lifted.
#4 (Best Above Ground Pool Cleaner) Aquabot Pool Rover Hybrid Robotic Pool Cleaner
This is another option worth listing down in your search for the best swimming pool cleaners. Designed for an above ground pool, this robotic cleaner has a jet-propelled system, making it deliver a performance that is hard to match.
One of the things that you will love in this product is the self-contained filtration. Whether it is sand or leaves, among others, it can effectively get rid of dirt and contaminants because of its amazing filter. The best thing is that filter cleaning is not necessary to be performed frequently. It comes with a microfilter bag with a maximum capacity of 19 quarts.
The robotic cleaner is equipped with extra-wide wheels that can easily move around on different floor materials. Even if the above ground pool is made of vinyl, the cleaner can easily move around. It is also non-marring, which will help preserve the best appearance of your pool.
You do not have to exert a lot of effort when it comes to cleaning and maintenance, while still being sure that the unit will keep working at its best. There are no complex parts that will need to be regularly maintained.
#5 (Best Solar-Powered Pool Robot Vacuum) Solar Breeze NX2 Robotic Pool Cleaner
One thing that separates this from all the products that have been mentioned above is the fact that it is solar-powered. This is for those who are looking for an eco-friendly and affordable alternative as it does not rely on electricity to clean your pool. It has a 5300 mAh lithium battery
The cleaner comes with a fine mesh filter to help effectively get rid of the dirt on the pool, making the floor and the water spotless. The equipment comes with an onboard tray that is capable of holding up to two chlorine tablets, which will help in sanitizing the water.
Aside from running completely on free solar energy, another notable benefit of this product is that you do not have to deal with messy cords. Since it is wireless, the cords will never have to tangle and this will also improve its reach and will not be limited by the length of the wire when it is plugged to a source of power.
In terms of being user-friendly, you will also love how it has a one-button operation, which will simplify the entire cleaning process. No more need to select from complicated settings. All that you have to do is to push the button and leave the unit to clean on its own.
Choosing the Best Pool Robot Cleaner
The list of the options will be almost endless. Nonetheless, this does not mean that all of the products will deliver the same level of reliability. To help you narrow down the possibilities, below are some of the most important things worth considering:
- Type of Pool: The type of the pool surface will dictate which pool cleaner is best for your needs. The size of the pool will also be important, as well as whether you have an inground or above ground swimming pool. The power of the robotic cleaner should be suitable for the cleaning that it needs to accomplish.
- Ease of Use: As you evaluate the possibilities, you also have to decide how user-friendly the product is. It should be equipped with features that lack complication, making it easy and quick to accomplish the cleaning task.
- Cord Length: Often overlooked by many buyers, the length of the cord is important to ensure the ability of the equipment to clean the entire pool, even without the need to be near the source of power. Especially if you have a large pool, you need a long power cord.
- Filtration: Look at the micron value of the cleaner, which will have a direct impact on its cleaning performance. Choose a lower micron value. The filter should also be long-lasting and effective in dealing with dirt and impurities in the water.
- Navigation: The robotic cleaner should have an intelligent navigation technology, which will allow it to deliver smart cleaning functions, making sure that no area will be left uncleaned.
- Warranty: If possible, choose a pool cleaner with a warranty that lasts beyond one year, which will provide you with peace of mind knowing that the manufacturer can offer free repairs or replacement of defective parts.
How Does a Robotic Pool Cleaner Work?
The most important part of the robotic pool cleaner is the electric motor. This is the one that propels the unit and provides suction to get rid of dirt and debris on the floor. There is a power supply that provides the 120V of power, which is then converted into low-voltage current, making it effective and safe to be used in water.
A robotic cleaner is equipped with a filter. This prevents the dirt from recirculating back into the clean water. Basically, the water is sucked by the robotic cleaner, the dirt is trapped in the filter, and the water will recirculate back to the swimming pool.
They also often have rotating brushes, which will help to get rid of the dirt on the surface. These brushes rotate for a thorough cleaning performance. Some models even have the capability to climb stairs.
From the products that have been mentioned, our personal favorite is the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner. It is made by a reputable brand and has advanced features guaranteeing effectiveness and efficiency. From the brush to the swivel mechanism, you can be confident of its ability to make your swimming pool cleaner without requiring too much on your end.