Both kids and adults will benefit from having the best diving board installed in a residential pool. Simply put, it is a flexible board that is attached to a rigid stand. The board can be made of different materials, which often include wood or aluminum. The stand, on the other hand, is in a fixed position.
Shopping for a diving board is not a straightforward task. You will be confronted with plenty of alternatives, but this does not mean that you can choose just any board. If you need help in making the right decision, read on and learn from some of our recommendations.
Table of Contents
Choosing a Diving Board
Before we discuss some of the best products that should be included as part of your list, here are some of the most important considerations that will make it easier for you to narrow down the possibilities:
- Swimming Pool: The first consideration is the pool that you have. The depth, for instance, will dictate the size of the board that is perfect for your needs.
- Aesthetics: You do not want the board to be an eyesore! With this, consider the style and overall look of the board to find one that will be a perfect match for your pool. Some diving boards are even compatible with a waterfall and light attachment to give the pool an upgraded look.
- Material: See to it that it is made of durable materials with high weight resistance. The material must be able to resist the external elements that could possibly speed up wear and tear. It will be good to have corrosion-resistant hardware and a UV-resistant surface.
- Non-Slip Surface: When it comes to the overall construction of the board, one of the most important is the presence of a non-slip surface, which will be vital for the safety of its users.
- Spring: This is all a matter of personal preferences. Some diving boards exist in the form of stable bases while there are others with a spring that will allow you to bounce as you dive in.
- Weight Limit: Most of the boards have a weight limit of 250 pounds. If it is to be used by adults who are quite heavy, you should choose a board with a higher weight capacity.
Our Top Picks for the Best Diving Board
#1 SR Smith 66-209-268S2-1 Diving Board
This radiant white board is one of the best products that should be under your radar. Similar to the two other products that are mentioned in this post, it is only a replacement for an existing diving board setup.
Among others, this is a well-loved product because of its exceptional construction, providing an assurance that it will withstand the test of time. The board itself is made of a combination of acrylic and fiberglass. Both of these materials will offer guaranteed durability. Even if it is expensive, it will be worth your money since you can expect it to be long-lasting. It is also inclusive of stainless steel hardware that can resist corrosion.
Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, this board is only for light to moderate use. To be specific, the maximum weight limit is 250 pounds.
For the safety of the users, the surface has Sure Foot non-slip tread. Even when you have wet feet, you can be confident that you won’t slip off the board.
Still hesitant in choosing this board? One thing that can convince you is the fact that it is backed by a three-year warranty from the manufacturer.
#2 SR Smith Frontier III Replacement Diving Board
Made by the same manufacturer as the product that has been mentioned above, you can also be confident that the quality will be second to none. Because they are from the same companies, they share the same innovative features. For instance, it also has Sure Foot tread for a non-slip surface, which will be crucial for safety. The hardware is also made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
In terms of construction, the outer body of the board is made of long-lasting acrylic. The skeletal frame, on the other hand, uses a combination of resin and fiberglass, which are also hard to match when it comes to their strength. This makes sure that it will be able to withstand the test of time.
The installation of the board does not require a lot on your end. It comes with pre-drilled holes, which will make the assembly a snap to accomplish.
#3 Inter-Fab DB6WW Diving Board Replacement
This 6-foot board is another notable option that you might want to consider as well. It is also available in a length of 8 feet. Similar to most of the high-quality boards that you can find on the market, it has an acrylic surface, which has been reinforced with fiberglass to make it stronger. To add to its strength, there is also a dual beam laminated core. Plus, the surface is skid-resistant and non-fading.
As per the specifications from the manufacturer, the weight limit of this diving board is 250 pounds.
For the installation, there is also nothing that you have to worry about as there are already two pre-drilled holes and the kit is inclusive of the hardware needed to complete its assembly.
If you want to add a decorative touch to your pool, you have another reason to choose this diving board as it is compatible with an optional waterfall and LED attachment.
If you have a pool that is deep enough for diving, it is a good idea to invest in the right board, including those that have been briefly mentioned above. Make sure that it is strong enough to support the weight of the user. Safety should be your priority in evaluating and narrowing down the possibilities.
Our personal favorite is the S.R. Smith 66-209-268S2-1 Diving Board. With its fiberglass and acrylic construction, as well as stainless steel hardware, you can be confident that it will withstand the test of time. With this board, diving is sure to be fun without compromising your safety!